SG releases Piano version of “Sleepsong” for World Sleep Day

Dear Friends,

We hope you are all safe and have managed to get through this past year in good health and hopefully not having suffered the loss of any friends or family. If you have, then Rolf and I want to extend our deepest condolences to you. We are living through very tough times.

I know it certainly feels like groundhog day here in Ireland where we have the award for being the most locked-down country in Europe!
Unimaginable what the whole world is going through and continues to and we hope that you and your loved ones are coping with the everyday restrictions.

With the year that has gone by there is now such a huge and necessary interest in all our mental health and well-being, and with that in mind, this coming Friday, March 19th has been declared World Sleep Day. With the stress and anxiety surrounding Covid the value of Sleep has never been so important.

“WORLD SLEEP DAY is an annual call to action about the importance of healthy sleep. An internationally recognized awareness event, World Sleep Day (March 19, 2021) focuses on the impact of sound sleep habits on overall well-being.

In these demanding and uncertain times, Decca US has made it one of its priorities to endorse this year’s World Sleep Day and the mission to facilitate healthy sleep. “

We are delighted to have been asked by the Universal Verve label to participate in a special record release for this day which is a compilation of many artists providing a peaceful soundtrack to hopefully help us all drift off to dreamland.

With that in mind and with lockdown restrictions, we felt our song called “Sleepsong” was perfect for this project. We decided to do a new piano-only version of this lullaby which Rolf recorded a few weeks ago. There is something very soothing with just the simple sound of the piano playing this lullaby. I think Rolf nearly nodded off recording it!!!

We hope you enjoy and will find this CD on any of your preferred streaming devices.

As you all know the world of music and entertainment has ground to a halt for the past year and will be the last industry to reopen. Its been a very difficult time for all our fellow musicians and crews. Our life force is to perform and create music and to have that suspended for so long has created so much hardship for many artists.

We in Secret Garden have done our utmost to continue the creative process during this time, with many new compositions by Rolf, and thankfully with the technology available to us we are recording from our homes and creating demos with the hope that some of them will make the final cut into a new CD and concert setlist.

Our first Chrismas Album ever “Sacred Night” released last December turned out to be a great success and we have now recorded 3 more Christmas songs in the last 2 months ready to add to the existing album for next year. It’s been crazy and surreal working on Christmas lyrics now with the daffodils and tulips coming up but we hope you will enjoy these new songs when they are released next Christmas.

Our touring plans are still suspended and we don’t know yet when it will be possible for us all to rehearse and tour together, but we will keep you informed when that happy day comes again.

We also just want to say a heartfelt Thank You to all of you who have streamed, downloaded, or purchased our music over the past year. Your loyal support and interest have kept us going through the dark moments.

The light at the end of this dark tunnel is visible, the joy and thrill of live music will be back and we hope to see you all soon.

Love,
Fionnuala and Rolf

Secret Garden Newsletter

Join Us on Facebook
Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons

Posted May 12th, 5:39 pm

Secret Garden

‘You raise me up’ is translated into more than 40 different languages. This beautiful Creole lyric version (Kenbem), recorded by Haitian-American singer Malou Beauvoir, is one of the resent ones.
See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

A wonderful version of a wonderful and unforgettable Sacret Garden song ! ❤

Heard this live in concert when you came to Sydney Australia, oh so many years ago. One of the best concerts my hubby and I have been to.

10000000000000% BEAUTIFUL!!

C'est magnifique ♥️
I follow you from Québec ♥️!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Belíssima interpretação! 🇧🇷

Brillante!!!

*recent

Wonderful sacred voice and spirit. ⚘❤ m.youtube.com/watch?v=txD5rRzSaJ4&feature=youtu.be

View more comments

Posted May 4th, 10:44 pm

Secret Garden

Brendan Graham and Rolf working on ‘You Raise Me Up’ 20 years ago.
See MoreSee Less

Brendan Graham and Rolf working on ‘You Raise Me Up’ 20 years ago.

Comment on Facebook

Such a great song, thank you

My daughter walked down the aisle at her wedding to this amazing song. It was perfect – my son-in-law had recovered from a life threatening accident that put him in ICU followed by weeks of rehabilitation. My eyes always mist over when I hear it – the words evoke so many memories and emotions. ❤

So lovely echoes #Secret #Garden 😘🙏🙏🎹🎻🎶🎤#Stay #Safe

What a song! Amazingly talented songwriters and musicians who chose the best for the original release with Brian Kennedy’s vocals. This original version still remains the best in my opinion. Secret Garden & Brian Kennedy. Pure excellence!

The most beautiful song 🎵I know of

This song can still makes me emotional at special moments, even after 20 years! Thanks guys for giving us such a beautiful song 💖

Thank you for such a beautiful song ❤️

Not a bad combination when you put an Irish person and a Norwegian together lol.

Yes, the original version is the best of all! Thank you so much for this gorgeous song!

Heel mooi, ook om zelf met het koor te zingen

Thank you for sharing your talents with this wonderful song.

Thanks for giving Us such a Great song

Thank you for the most beautiful song ever written ❤️

That hymn is an anthem for me! So thankful you received the inspiration to write it!

100% GENIUSES!!

The most beautiful song ever written ❤🎶🎶🎶🎶
🇸🇯 🇸🇯 🇸🇯

For Beautiful Inspiración
beautiful Song

Fantastiske låten 💖🙏🏼🎶

View more comments

Posted May 4th, 8:44 pm

Secret Garden

You Raise Me Up is 20 years today!
We are so proud of our song and Brendan Graham’s lyrics as it has journeyed around the world ! Click on the link below to ‘The Pat Kenny Show’ as they chat about its story and followed by a moving performance by the wonderful Irish artist Paul Harrington

See MoreSee Less

Comment on Facebook

The song “You raise me up” is always with me!

First tome i ever heard it was Brian Kennedy on your album. Most beautiful song ever ❤

Congratulations! One of the best songs EVER!!!!

Congratulations to the anniversary and to a fabulous song. In my ears one of the best songs ever😍👍

The Original Secret Garden rendition is still one of my favourite songs.

Gratulerer så mye med dagen og kjempefin låt

You raise me up so I can stand on mountain.

Vakreste sangen 🧡

Love it Time For You with Tom Dalton

Wow!!! I just got goosebumps,…again, as always when I hear this song! ❤🎶

I bought this album when it was about a year old. Put on repeat. Fell to sleep with it in my ears for 18 months

View more comments

Posted April 19th, 4:48 pm

Secret Garden

Happy birthday to our dear Rolf from all the Secret Garden family and friends!🌹
(Photo: Finn Rune Christiansen)

See MoreSee Less

Happy birthday to our dear Rolf from all the Secret Garden family and friends!🌹 Wishing you a beautiful day and look forward to celebrating together when we leave Covid behind🙏🏼 (Photo: Finn Rune Christiansen)

Comment on Facebook

Happy Birthday from Brazil!! <3

Happy Birthday Rolf 🎁🎊🎉🎈🎂

Oh yes, looking so much forward to celebrating your birthday after leaving Covid behind us – with much Secret Garden music and you and Fi and all the other lovely guys on stage🥰 Wish you a great birthday together with your loved ones! My biggest wish for you besides creativity is health for you and your family and, of course, the Secret Garden family. Hope to see you all sooooon😘

Happy Birthday. I'm your fan. Fron Brasil!!

Happy Birthday!

Gratulerer 🥳🥳🇸🇯

Gratulerar på födelsedagen 🎂🎂

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS

View more comments

Posted March 19th, 12:29 pm

Secret Garden

On this day March 19th we celebrate #WorldSleepDay – a global call to action about the importance of sound sleep habits.
We are thrilled to participate in a very special collection of peaceful music with a new piano version of Sleepsong.
We wish you all a peaceful weekend 🌙

Listen here: WorldSleepDay.lnk.to/Playlist
See MoreSee Less

Comment on Facebook

It's a beautiful world.
It's nature.
Beautiful idea.
I think it's a person's mind.
You're pretty.
World Music Love

I have just listenened to Rolf‘s piano-only version of Sleepsong several times. Really beautiful❣️ Any plans to make the sheet music available?

Lindo demais! A alma voa …

Very nice .Rolf is a genius.

View more comments